There are a lot of old structures and ruins in Intramuros. This particular one was one of the first we encountered during our photo walk. The old San Ignacio Church ruins can be seen behind the statues. The five statues symbolize the five religious orders to disembark in the Philippines. They were the Augustinians, the Franciscans, the Jesuits, the Dominicans and the Recollects.
Here is the view from the other side….
Here’s how I took this shot:
Canon 7D + Sigma 10-20mm, hand held
#1 = f9.0 | 3 bracketed shots, HDR
#2 = f9.0 | 2 bracketed shots , DRI
- 3 bracketed shots aligned and tonemapped from Photomatix
- Cleaned in Photoshop CS4
- Sharpened and adjusted the contrast
- 2 bracketed shots opened from Bridge
- Load files into Photoshop layers
- Used blending modes to blend 2 exposures
- Applied a little sharpening + dodging and burning
Thank you for your time!